Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's that I hear you mutter? "Oh no, not another?"

Yes, another. Publishing is ephemeral, but the Web is forever, or so I'm told, so I'll be posting here at least some of what other people pay me to write, as long as they agree. What is that, exactly? I write about beer, wine, spirits and cocktails, mostly for trade publications, and about food and restaurants as well. Like most other blogging writers, there's much I know about that I can't immediately write for publication, try as I may. So now, once again (I edited a blog for my last employer), I do.

But, really, why? Readers, suppliers, publicists, they all now crave a fast link and an easy download of anything a writer does, and who am I to say they're wrong. No Luddite, me, despite what you've heard. And I don't want to be the last one out the publishing door. Dinosaurs Are Us.

I also will add new stuff - like tasting notes, event commentary, reflections on the drinking world, market trends, things I like, and hate, and puzzle over - that I think are interesting. At least that's the initial plan - let's see if I really do. The next one's on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment